Wednesday 23 July 2014

Nagi No Asukara


Nagi No Asukara OR Nagi-Asu: A lull in the sea, it is an excellent anime, especially the scenery, and it has a unique story not to be found anywhere else. When I first watched this anime, I knew that I would enjoy it very much and I was right about it. The settings in the story takes place in both land and sea.
Story: 9/10
The story took place long ago in a fantasy world where there is 2 different human type species. Humans that live can only live on land and Humans that can live in the sea in their special village called shioshishio. Humans on land are unable to go there. These ‘underwater’ humans are able to breathe, walk on the seabed and swim naturally in the sea as well as able to go onto dry land as long as they keep their layer of protective layer moist. In the story, the underwater middle school was closed down due to various reasons. The 4 childhood friends had no choice but to go to dry land to study instead. While on land, they have to control their social behaviours and try not to cause trouble and discomfort. As the story goes on, the 4 childhood friends starts to form a “Love Chain” within themselves and some characters on land. More feelings of love build up and more dramas starts to show up. In the anime, all of them starts to learn the history of the two different types of human species and in my opinion, it gets better especially in the 2nd half of the series.
Characters: 9/10
Each of the characters in this anime are all very unique. There many different types of personalities like having low self-esteem to being cool and calm. Each of them will play their own role of the story and drama very well. The best part about these characters is that you will be able to see them turn to adults and have character development along the way. For example, the rowdy, rude and loud character who always screams and shouts whenever he doesn’t feel happy, but he starts to become more mature and think about his actions and surroundings more often than before. I would say that it is good that each character is unique, but I would say it is even better when we see how their character develops as we watch.
Animation and Sound: 11/10

As you see the 11/10 rating, I can ensure you that the animation and sound effects in the anime is truly beautiful. The opening and ending songs links so well with the anime as it has the sea as the setting. When you are on dry land, you can hear the sound effects of the waves splashing, when underwater, u can hear bubbles around at times. The voice actors are very into their character and you can feel their emotions. As for the animation, everything is drawn and animated very well and detailed. Leaves on trees are very detailed, fishes can be seen swimming in the back ground, sparkles are added on the right places and when times where water splashes onto the characters. The animation and sounds in this anime is truly amazing. It is clearly one aspect of this anime that made me want to watch more during the first episode.
Enjoyment: 10/10
I enjoyed every moment of the anime. There are times when I felt like the 20 minutes of an episode are equivalent to 5 minutes. The animation, drama, story, were very attractive. When I watched finish one episode, I just could not wait for the next one, but I had to wait impatiently for the next episode. This clearly shows that I enjoyed the anime very much.
Overall: 10/10

Nagi no asukara is great for people who love to see great landscapes and feels in an anime. This anime is highly recommended if you are one of those people. I could hardly say anything bad about this anime as everything was almost perfect in my eyes. If you are searching for an anime that has good story development, romance and drama and would not mind if it is slow-paced, I would recommend you to watch it immediately. I got hooked onto this anime from the start and I hope that you will get hooked onto it as well. Here's the Opening for you to see the animation of the opening as well as the soothing song Credits to the rightful owners: Youtube Uploader, Creators of Nagi No Asukara

2 comments:

  1. wow very detailed! seems like a must-watch for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the animations and sounds! I should watch this soon!

    ReplyDelete